What does it check?
This check establishes if an individual has a criminal record.
This check provides what is referred to as a Certificate of No Criminal Record or Potrdilo o (ne)kaznovanosti.
The certificate contains the following information:
• Name and surname of the individual
• Previous surname (where relevant)
• Unique personal identification number (if applicable)
• Residential address
• Reason for request
and additionally, if convictions are registered against the individual:
• Date of birth
• Place of birth
• Municipality of birth
• Country of birth
• Convictions (containing information about the court that issued the conviction, information about the criminal offence and information about criminal sanctions imposed)
All categories of criminal convictions are listed on the certificate.
Convictions are removed from the record after the following timeframes, unless the offender commits a further criminal offence:
• 1 year from the expiry of the term of suspension if the sentence was suspended
• 3 years for a fine, accessory sentence, or a prison sentence not exceeding one year
• 5 years for a prison sentence above 1 year to 3 years
• 8 years for a prison sentence above 3 years to 5 years
• 10 years for a prison sentence above 5 years to 10 years
• 15 years for a prison sentence above 10 to 15 years
• a prison sentence of over 15 years shall not be removed from the record
The conviction may not be removed from the record as long as safety measures apply to the individual.