This check establishes if an individual has a criminal record.
This check provides what is referred to as a Certificate of Criminal Records.
If a person has a criminal record, the following information will be released:
- Name of the court
- Date of conviction
- Date the conviction became legally binding
- Legal classification of the committed act
- Information on penalty
All convictions for criminal offences are included in the information.
Records on sentences for criminal or fiscal offences are kept in the register for:
- 5 years from the end of a period of probation or payment of a fine
- 15 years in case of imprisonment of up to 5 years
- 30 years in case of imprisonment of more than 5 years
- Records on a person committed to a psychiatric institution are retained for 5 years after the person is released
- Records on a juvenile person placed in a remand centre are deleted after the person is released
From the moment of its deletion, the sentence is considered non-existent; the record of the sentence is deleted from the criminal register except for penalties pronounced against paedophiles, which are not deleted.