Personal Reference Checks
What does it check?
- The capacity in which the referee has known the candidate
- How long the referee has known the candidate for
- Main duties and responsibilities (when applicable)
- Candidate’s principal strengths and areas for development
- The referee’s opinion of the candidate’s integrity and honesty
We highly recommend using this check to help you gather character references from people who have known a candidate at different points in their career. These might be co-workers, suppliers, customers, university lecturers, supervisors or anyone who is relevant to an application and can shed light on the candidate’s integrity and honesty, and skills and capability.
How long does this service take?
Using Verifile’s online system, the personal referee will automatically be sent an email or fax form to return. Response times vary, as Verifile is dependent on the referee’s participation. We aim to give you a response within 5 - 10 working days — but if we cannot achieve that, we will let you know why.