What does it check?
This check establishes if an individual has a criminal record and may also include information on any contact the individual has had with the police.
This search is only applicable to organisations providing services to vulnerable people (this includes children, older people and people with special needs).
The New Zealand Police may release any information they hold on an individual if relevant to the purpose of this vetting request. This includes:
• Conviction history and infringement/demerit reports
• Active charges and warrants to arrest
• Charges that did not result in a conviction including those that were acquitted, discharged without conviction, diverted, or withdrawn
• Any interaction I have had with New Zealand Police considered relevant to the role being vetted, including investigations that did not result in prosecution
• Information regarding family violence where I was the victim, offender or witness to an incident or offence, primarily in cases where the role being vetted takes place in a home environment where exposure to physical or verbal violence could place vulnerable persons at emotional or physical risk.
• Information subject to name suppression where that information is necessary to the purpose of the vetting