This check establishes if an individual has a criminal record. This is a service that is available only for non-Malaysian applicants.
This check - which provides what is referred to as a Certificate of Good Conduct or Sijil Kelakuan Baik - is for foreign nationals only.
For Malaysian nationals, we'll guide and assist the individual in making a Subject Access Request (SAR) for the certificate and then validate it.
The certificate does not provide information about an individual’s full criminal record but only states whether an individual has any identifiable records.
Registrable offences include:
- Violence against the person (Darihal kesalahan terhadap tubuh manusia)
- Sexual offences (Kesalahan-kesalahan mengenai tubuh manusia);
- Burglary (Pecah Rumah)
- Robbery (Rompak)
- Theft and handling of stolen goods (Mencuri dan Menerima Harta Curi dengan Curang)
- Fraud and forgery (Penipuan dan Pemalsuan)
- Criminal damage (Khianat)
- Drug offences (Kesalahan Dadah)
- Motoring offences (Kesalahan Lalulintas)