By accessing this website and providing Verifile with your personal details, you agree to accept and be bound by the terms of its statement of fair processing which is summarised below.
In order to deliver an effective service, it is necessary for Verifile to store personal information about its users: you and/or your Company and/or your employees and/or your customers and/or your potential employees and/or your referees, as applicable.
Verifile has produced an online screening system as an alternative to hand written paper forms, therefore, allowing you to complete your application at any location with Internet access. Where applicable, this system was designed to comply with the IT specification supplied by third party data providers such as the DBS, DS, credit bureaus and others.
Our online service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you supply any personal information to this site we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with your data as follows:
1. We will hold your personal information on our system for as long as needed to meet the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met.
2. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. We will provide a safe and secure experience for users of this site.
4. We will ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out below.
Fair Processing Principles:
1. Your personal information is only processed with your knowledge.
2. Only information that we actually need is collected and processed.
3. Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
4. Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required.
5. Decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date information.
6. Your information is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
7. Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
8. Procedures are in place for dealing promptly with any dispute.
All information requested is used solely for the purpose of checking your background and verifying the information you have provided to us and is collected, stored and processed by Verifile and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will treat your personal information as confidential and we will not disclose it to any third party except:
1. with your prior agreement;
2. as necessary for providing our screening service to you; or
3. as required by law.
DBS Statement of Fair Processing
Where Verifile processes application information with the Disclosure and Barring Service the following statement applies:
The Disclosure and Barring Service will refer the details provided on this application form to government and law enforcement bodies in accordance with any relevant legislation. The details provided to these bodies will be used for identifying possible matches to records held by them. Where such a match is established, data may be released to the DBS for inclusion on any certificate issued. The details provided on this form may be used to update the records held by the bodies specified above. The details provided on the application form may be used to verify your identity for authentication purposes. The DBS may use any information provided by the DBS on a certificate or otherwise held by the DBS to inform any of its barring decisions made under its powers within the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
Any organisation which uses Verifile’s online screening service is obliged to sign a service contract requiring them to:
• Abide by the Data Protection Act 1998
• Have a policy for secure storage, handling, use, retention and disposal of Personal Information
We will use e-mail for the following purposes only:
1. to keep you updated on any current service specific to you or your Company and undertaken at your request
2. to keep you up to date with changes to the current services that are offered by Verifile
All storage, use and transmission of personal information relating to an individual is subject to the 1998 Data Protection Act. You can obtain a copy of the details held by Verifile, provided we are given authorisation from your prospective employer (the data controller) to release this information. Please apply in writing and enclose an administration fee of £10, made payable to Verifile Limited, to the following address:
Subject Access Requests Team
PO Box 1365